Newspace Center for Photography is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that does more than just offer classes where photographers of all experience levels learn and enhance their skill set; host free gallery exhibitions and lectures open to the public; provide incredibly reasonably priced, state of the art photographic tools and resources allowing artists to achieve their vision; and house one of the only public darkrooms remaining in the country. We are also Community Partners committed to serving the city of Portland in the most meaningful ways. Our members are our partners in connecting and inspiring people through the evolution of the image.
Your tax-deductible Newspace membership is a direct investment in Portland’s creative community. With your support, Newspace will remain a thriving cultural and community hub for Northwest artists, students, and photography enthusiasts for years to come.
Purchase a membership for yourself or the photo-enthusiast in your life, by following the links below or by downloading, printing, and mailing a membership form. You can also support Newspace through tax-deductible donations in any amount.
- General Membership Benefits
- Student Rates On Facilities
- Must Show Current High School or College ID
- 5 Hour Darkroom/Digital Block
- Annual Members Show Entry
- Free Admission Into Members Only Workshops + Events
- Members Only Discounts With Community Partners + Neighborhood Program
- General Member Benefits PLUS
- 10% Off Facilities + Classes
- One Free Entry to Annual Juried Exhibition ($40 Value)
- Business Partners + Sponsors Discount Program
- Patron Member Benefits PLUS
- 20% Off Facilities + Classes
- 2 Free Admissions Into Members Only Workshops + Events
- Special Invitations to Events Like Dinner With the Artist
- Contributor Member Benefits PLUS
- Two Free Classes to Take or Give to a Friend
- Secret Benefit Announced in 2016
What does your membership support?
- Membership allows us to keep workshops and rental facilities affordable, by supporting the underlying costs of supplies and facilities maintenance.
- Membership allows us to bring dynamic modern, fine art and documentary photography exhibitions into our gallery. It helps fund our Artist in Residence program.
- Membership provides resources for our Scholarship Fund, providing photographic education to those in financial need. It helps Newspace participate in outreach programs, adding vibrancy to our community by contributing to artistic development and cultural enhancement.
- Membership helps us thrive. Your gifts have helped us expand our facilities and with your continued support, together we will move toward a future that sustains the arts in the Portland metro community and beyond.
Newspace Center for Photography is a tax-exempt charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your membership and gifts are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Please contact your tax advisor for details.
Newspace Members receive discounts the following partners.
Details will be mailed to you in your member letter within four weeks of your membership submission.
If your business is interested in becoming a business partner, please contact Executive Director Tricia Hoffman.